Mermaid Body Scrub
Evenly Fresh & Sculpted
I made this Body Scrub for a smooth body… outer and inner skin!
Sculpt your inner Mermaid or AquaMan! 😉
My Body Scrub is made from the treasures of the Seas:
Exfoliate & mineralize
with DEAD SEA SALT (it will also help retain hydration).
with BLACK SOAP, naturally rich in glycerin and vitamin E, for soft and supple skin.
Tone and firm
with the precious SEA FENNEL essential oil to drain and attenuate the cellulite aspect;
GRAPEFRUIT essential oil to help fat cells destock the fat they contain;
URUCUM antioxidants to maintain elasticity;
anti-sagging action of caffeine & catechins in MATCHA tea;
and the extraordinary FUCUS seaweed extract to stimulate the contraction of collagen structures and to reduce the thickness of the epidermis (+prevents psoriasis).
And the final and the element I’m most proud of is MENTHOL! It will create an “ice cube” effect that will keep you fresh while enjoying the warmth of your bath water! (I already knew it was good for lips but the idea came to me while thinking about the making of this scrub
Detoxified, cleansed and tightened, your Mermaid or AquaMan body is about to regain its full beauty!
- On wet skin, Apply the scrub and, without rinsing, get into a hot bath. The BLACK SOAP will start soaking into the skin and prepare it to shed dead skin.
- After 10-15 min, you may Apply a second layer of the Body Scrub onto skin and Scrub the body all over (avoid face and intimate parts). Enjoy the FREEZE effect!
- When you are ready to come out of your bath, Rinse thoroughly. Your skin will keep a satin feel and glow.
Dead Sea Salt, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) leaf juice*, Olea europaea (Olive) fruit butter*, Potassium olivate (Saponified Olive Oil)**, potassium cocoate (Saponified Coconut oil)**, helianthuus annuus oil (Saponized Sunflower Oil)**, sodium chloride, glycerin**, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, potassium hydroxide, tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, caramel*, Prunus dulcis (Sweet Almond) seed oil*, Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) nut oil, Fucus vesiculosus (Fucus Seaweed) extract*, Crithmum maritimum (Sea Fennel or Samphire) aerial stem weed oil*, Menthol, Chlorella vulgaris (Chlorella) powder, Camelia sinensis (Matcha Green Tea) leaf extract*, Benzyl alcohol, Dehydroacetic acid, Citrus paradisi (Grapefruit) peel oil, Bixa orellana (Urucum) seed extract*, Mica and titanium dioxide and iron oxides.
*Ingredients resulting from the Organic Farming
** Processed from Organic Ingredients
As my cosmetics are entirely made of natural ingredients the use-by date is much shorter than products made out of harsh mineral oil derivatives and chemicals. However, as I make them under strict hygiene conditions you can use them until a change in appearance or smell occurs – often up to a year!
Here, my major concern is to make the most out of the essential oils – because over time they evaporate. So, start using the toothpaste as soon as you purchase it!
I wish you many happy moments while enjoying my creations!
I am at your disposal if you have any questions!
Nancy with OUAStylist
The Story Behind this June 2018 Creation:
- First, I needed a Body Scrub. So I knew I wanted SALT and not Sugar – as some people can develop allergies.
- In the shower, I was washing my body when I realized: “I need to make the scrub so it also fights orange-peel skin!” For this I knew I would use algae… Algae… Mermaids!!! The name was found. I was going to use a majority of ingredients coming from the seas, oceans and freshwaters.
- Finally, I always like to add a special touch to my creations and MENTHOL came to mind. I already liked it on lips, I’ve also been using it for when I have headaches… I knew it had an effect on sensory nerves to create a fresh feeling.
“What if I used MENTHOL on the body as well?!”
That is how I gave it a try:
- I took a warm bath – like I like them.
- Applied some of the test-scrub I had just made in sample quantity.
- Waited. Since I’ve been using BLACK SOAP for years in Hammams in France, I knew it needed time to sink into warm skin.
- And then I applied some more of the gooey scrub.
That is when the “Freeze” effect started…
It was so nice. I laid back in the warm bath and felt the “icy” effect spreading all over! My skin felt very fresh – sensory nerves were activating. I had goose-bumps while still feeling warm and the warmth of water! It was exhilarating!
I had created a new type of Body Scrub!
(Of course, I still needed to adjust the recipe a little because it was too oily the first time.)
But I couldn’t wait to hear about other people’s reactions!
I asked friends to try it and it was a success!
Now YOU can as well! 🙂
Don’t hesitate to post your comments at the bottom of this page! I’d be happy to hear from YOU! 🙂